Thursday, October 14, 2010

Web 2.0 Applications

I my PE classroom I would like to use wikis and blogs help each other with research projects. There are usually not research projects in PE because there is not time. I would like to have some kind of reserach project in my classroom because people learn first hand and students need to go out and really see how exercise and diet can significantly help your future health. Using wikis and blogs students can work on the project outside of class without having to actually meet up with each other. They can check progress and ideas online. On top of that I can check their progress and give them any needed help.

Social bookmarking would be beneficial for my class because I can use it to give students the opportunity to check out health related websites that can be benificial to them or any project they might do. This way if they do a reserach project they have a guideline to follow without using the entire web to find an answer, because doing it that way they could have problems encountering misleading information. However, I would not use a voice thread because there are just not as clear cut as they should be there are many rooms for error.

I have not experienced Tapped In. However, it was intresting to read about it and what it can offer. To me it seems like it is a chat room just specialized. Meaning all the people chatting are talking about a certain topic and with people who know about the topic. The specialized chatting circles are good too because it's more like one on one questioning and you can ask a question you think is stupid without thinking everyone else will think the same.

Jessica Miller


References:
Community Building with Technologies, Chapter 6. Meaningful Learning with Technology, 2008. Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., and Crismond, D.

2 comments:

  1. I too like social bookmarking. It can be very useful for a certain topic! I'm a math major and there are lots of things to know and remember and bookmarking those websites is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is interesting that you plan on making your PE class more involved. Way too often it is a class kids take because they have to and all they do is play dodge ball or walk the track. I think it is a good idea to try and teach them why they need to be active and maybe it will help them later in life.

    ReplyDelete